My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos (planet mnemonic)

Wed Aug 30 21:43:27 UTC 2006

It makes a difference to me because my whole life, Pluto has been a
planet, and now a small fraction (424 votes, out of a conference
attendance of 2500, and heavily skewed towards locals in Prague) of the
IAU says otherwise.  What do they know?  I've got Clyde Tombaugh's
autograph, and I wouldn't have bothered if all he had done was discover
a dirty slushball. (Except I've got David Levy, of Comet Shoemaker-Levy,
and Hale and Bopp, of Comet Hale-Bopp -- and comets are dirty slushballs
too).

Besides, it's pretty damn prescriptivist for them to tell me what a
planet is.

Definitions aren't up for a vote, I think.