ROYGBIV

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 30 23:22:32 UTC 2006

I had no idea that there were so-called "mnemonics" for the order of
the planets or for the order of the colors or that anyone even gave a
Roosevelt dime whether schoolchildren knew about such matters, before
today. (I did know about Every good boy ... and Face, but that's only
because I once took private music lessons.) How'd I live seven
"dekkids" lacking such important knowledge?
It just goes to show, I guess. Different strokes, etc. ;-)

-Wilson

On 8/30/06, Brenda Lester <alphatwin2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Brenda Lester <alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM>
> Subject:      Re: ROYGBIV
>
> Uh, I head that "they" took out indigo.
>   (unchecked rumour)
>

> Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OHIO.EDU> wrote:
>   At 04:18 PM 8/30/2006, you wrote:
> >>My entire mnemonic mnemory space is filled with ROYGBIV.
> >>--
> >=====================================================================
> >Ah, but you have to leave roomn (maybe by loosening that asteroid
> >belt) for Every Good Boy Deserves Fun (or Favour).
> >
> >LH

> Ah, that's a new one to me; I learned Every Good Boy Does Fine. But your
> version is more appealing, I suppose. Where'd you get that British
> spelling though?
>
> Beverly

> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com.  Check it out.

-Wilson
----
Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.

--Sam Clemens