Saving the World (was online accent quiz)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 5 02:27:13 UTC 2006

I think she was a peach, but he might have been a pear. ;-)

Whre you from?

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

>From: Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: Saving the World (was online accent quiz)
>Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:33:38 -0500

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: Saving the World (was online accent quiz)
>
>At 1:11 AM +0000 12/4/06, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
> >
> >I have published books analyzing the English language in a way no others
> >have done.
>
>That I can well believe.
>
> >  Truespel Book 4 analyzes 15.4 millioin word instances to show
> >how our letters work and how our phonemes are spelled in USA English.  It
> >uses truespel, a new pronunciation guide spelling/writing system.  I
>believe
> >that teaching truespel as a phonetics first system to k-1 learners will
>help
> >them learn to read and reduce crime (crime data were provided in a
>previoius
> >email).
>
>And very convincing they were too.
>
> >  IBM's Writing to Read has shown that a phonetics first system
> >allows kids to write and read way ahead of pears, and transition to
>tradspel
> >is no problem
>
>Well, now I'm finally hooked.  If only we could get all our children
>could write and read as well as pears (especially those famous
>Bartletts)...
>
>LH

Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001