NPR profile (was something else)

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Tue Dec 5 18:37:20 UTC 2006

Actually the piece I heard was pretty fair. The author of the book, Kitty
Burns Florey, explicitly notes the uselessness of diagramming sentences for
improving writing and even for teaching basic grammar. She suggests the
value of sentence diagramming is as a reinforcement of material learned by
other means.

You can listen to the story here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6569894