TV Words

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Wed Dec 6 17:09:41 UTC 2006

I assume UK TV words would be irrelevant, though I would be happy trawl
for some if it would help. Meanwhile would you class 'Cowabunga!'
generally believed to have originated in Howdy Doody ('50s) and reborn
in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ('90s) as a word or is it a
(one-word) catchphrase. The Online Playground Dict defiones it as an
excl. meaning ‘Oh, my God!’ ‘Wow!’ ‘I’m impressed!’

JG