Mispronunciation

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Dec 12 16:34:06 UTC 2006

Charlie,

Don't get me on the problem of footnoting which as far as I am concerned is
equivalent to having someone tell you that you are not allowed to say
anything unless someone else has already said it.

Many years ago some idiot  referee or other who if they had a brain
couldn't blow their nose condemned an article I had submitted because I had
not mentioned some article which I had never read on the very good ground
that it had nothing whatsoever to do with the subject I was dealing with.
(1)

Page Stephens

(1) The Journal of Absolute Assholes volume 7 Number 3 pp 23-24.

folklore of gerbil insertion with the smart-ass comment that I had examined
"the annals of proctology" but failed to discover actual instances of the
urban legend motif.  As far as I'm aware, nobody ever noticed the joke--or
found it amusing--or even read the article!