"Trespassers shot. Survivors shot again" (1983)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 23 20:29:43 UTC 2006

This is a Texas commercial sign that's worth recording. It was the subject
of a story yesterday.
GOOGLE ADSENSE OT: I have beautiful Chrysler as all over my website (this
entry right now, for example). Full-color beauties. The only problem is that
people LOOK at this ad (as you would a tv commercial) but don't CLICK it.  So,
essentially, Chrysler is all over my website for FREE. For all those  Chrysler
ads, I made $6 yesterday? Is this how Google ads work? Doesn't seem  fair.
_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/trespassers_will_be_shot_surv
ivors_will_be_shot_again/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/trespassers_will_be_shot_survivors_will_be_shot_again/)

“Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.”

The usual sign is: “Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.”
 The humorous take on that sign is: “Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will
be  shot again.”

The “Survivors will be shot again” sign dates from at least  the early 1980s
and has been posted throughout Texas and many other states.

_Free Republic_ (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1757112/posts)
Resident shoots man on his property (TX)
Forth Worth  Star-Telegram ^ | December 21, 2006 | DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.
Posted on  12/21/2006 7:49:02 PM PST by DaveLoneRanger

FORT WORTH — The two warning  signs at Abel Sisneros home should be enough
for trespassers.

The sign  of the front door says: “Warning. Nothing inside is worth risking
your life for.  Owners of this property are armed and highly skilled to protect
life, liberty  and property from criminal attacks.”

And consider the sign on the front  window: “No trespassing. Violators will
be shot. Survivors will be shot again.”

But Sisneros, 25, said Thursday he still had to shoot a man in his home
early Thursday after the man broke down the front door and entered the home.

“With all those signs, he still tried to get in,” said Sisneros, an
AutoZone sales manager who goes to the firing range at least once a month. “I  can’t
believe it.”

12 November 1967, Fresno (CA) Bee, pg. B1:
Another one to cut the mustard was spotted by Supervisor Gene Hanessy and
Court Clerk Steve Poole while hiking in the Mojave Desert area: “Trespassers
Will Be Shot. Survivors Will Be Prosecuted.”

2 March 1983, Wellsboro  (PA) Gazette, “Travelin’ Man” by Warren Goodrich
(Dateline from Dallas,  TX, but with a report about Clyde, TX), pg. 5, col. 2:
The customers were  mostly “good old boys” with boots and ten-gallon hats.
On the walls were corny  sayings, such as: Is there life after death? Trespass
and find out.

Warning: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Wanted: Filthy, Dirty Bart. $500 Dead. $200 Alive. $400 Bleeding Bad.

11 March 1983, Los Angeles Times, pg. OC A1:
Signs in his  window warn, “Never Mind the Dog—Beware of Owner” and “
Trespassers Will Be  Shot—Survivors Will Be Shot Again.” Perhaps to add emphasis,
there is a National  Rifle Assn. decal on the front door.

22 October 1987, Washington  Post, pg. E2:
Decals and bumper stickers await purchase: “Kill ‘em  all, let God sort ‘em
out”; “Warning, trespassers will be shot, survivors will  be shot again”: “
Is there life after death? Trespass here and find out”;  “Special Forces: Mess
with the best, die like the rest.”