PDF as a Verb

Sun Feb 5 21:28:59 UTC 2006

Me, too! If someone said they were going to FedEx something and it came next
day USPS, I'd think they had a change of plans. BB

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Baker, John

        I still think of FedEx as being specific to Federal Express, whose
registered trademark it is.  Maybe that just shows I'm not up on the current
usage.  Maybe it's something that varies by area or context, like Coke, a
registered trademark for Coca-Cola that means just that in some places, but
means any caramel-flavored carbonated beverage in others.