"Method Air" (1995)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 18 04:32:06 UTC 2006

METHOD AIR--56,200 Google hits
"Method air" was mentioned in an ESPN Winter Olympics story. It's in the
Encarta Dictionary. "Method air" is not in the revised OED. OED  editors should
go snowboarding more.
_http://espn.go.com/_ (http://espn.go.com/)
Jacobellis fell grabbing some "method air" on the second-to-last  jump.
(GOOGLE)
_http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_561536292/method_air.html_
(http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_561536292/method_air.html)
    meth·od air (plural meth·od airs)

noun     Definitions:    snowboarding  trick: a snowboarding trick by  which
the rider grabs the heel edge with the leading hand, keeping both  knees bent,
and pulls the board level with the  head
_WakeWorld -- Trick Tips_
(http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip003.asp)
The Method Air is probably one of the styliest  moves of all time. Skaters
invented the trick and every board sport has a  spot for it. ...
www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip003.asp - 58k -  _Cached_
(http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:Egq_pm4KNykJ:www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip003.asp
+"method+air"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/T
rickTip003.asp)
<NO
<NO
<NO
<NOBR>(GOOGLE G
<NO
_SKATING SLANG summary_
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skate/browse_thread/thread/a3667a0d63d42aa5/4fcdfcf8baacb0b9?lnk=st&q="method+air"&rnum=201&hl=e
n#4fcdfcf8baacb0b9)
... Rel.  Japan air, method air, mute air. scitz v. to hold on to a  moving
automobile
to get a free ride across part of town or up a hill.  ...
_rec.skate_ (http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skate?lnk=sg&hl=en)  - May  1
1995, 8:42 pm by Jerry Dunn - 2 messages - 2 authors
<NO
<NO
_HECKLER SNOW/SK8/MUSIC ZINE pt. 4_
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skiing.snowboard/browse_thread/thread/d38bd6d0a691fe6d/92b87d3ee2c7fd18?lnk=st&q="me
thod+air"&rnum=205&hl=en#92b87d3ee2c7fd18)
... ass. White, bleak, falls, without a sound as  I'm standing on the ground,
shifting moving over their now I pulled a  method air. Handed ...
_rec.skiing.snowboard_
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skiing.snowboard?lnk=sg&hl=en)   - Jan 16 1995, 1:01 pm by HecklerMag - 1  message - 1 author