Hawaiianisms; righteous

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sat Jan 14 23:57:53 UTC 2006

Alice Faber writes;
>How about Salisbury steak? Was that just a Swansens TV Dinner name for this?
Don't know when the Swanson's product was introduced, but "Salisbury steak"
was a regular menu item on the little hole-in-the-wall greasy spoon on
Telegraph Ave ( Berkeley CA) where I ate lunch nearly every day in 1952-3.
It was almost like cube steak in its texture, though I'm pretty sure it was
just hamburger transmogrified into shoe leather. It usually had a dollop of
flour gravy served with it.
A. Murie