azure legs of the cock, etc.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 1 22:10:56 UTC 2006

Disney has run into problems with stereotyping before, but a percussion solo in this case seems inevitable:  Tonto's Totally Tom-Tom Two-Ton Two-Tone Toon 'Toon Tune.

  JL

Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Charles Doyle
Subject: Re: azure legs of the cock, etc.

OK! Calf rope! Uncle! I give up!

(Unless, that is, we were to imagine the Lone Ranger
abrupting upon the bustling barnyard scene; after a tense
struggle, his sidekick takes possession of the fowl--
gargantuan and colorful--whereupon we hear, perhaps to
contrapunctal strains from the "William Tell Overture,"
Tonto's Two-Ton Two-Tone Toon 'Toon Tune.)

--Charlie