Official/ Unofficial

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 8 01:28:36 UTC 2006

  Grant, thanks so much for sending me a copy of your new book, signed by the author!   It really looks good and should persuade anybody that we are living in the most fecund period of word-creation and dissemination in the history of English, possibly in the history of language.  Some of the stuff is truly hilarious, and when not hilarious usually at least interesting.

  The personal acknowledgment, second only to that of The Boss, was a nice surprise. But I have two rules for you to follow: Never sail with Ahab, and never become a slang guy.

  Well, one out of two isn't bad.

  Jon