Today I walked my fish

Mon Jul 17 13:59:57 UTC 2006

  Roger Shuy <rshuy at MONTANA.COM> writes:

I just got an email from a friend in southern Virginia who used the
expression, "Today I walked my fish." She said it's a "Southernism" for high
humidity. I never heard it before and I couldn't find it in DARE. Anyone
else know it?

  <<<<<

No, but here in Philadelphia we have been having extremely high heat and
humidity, and the other day I said "I don't know whether to walk or swim."
As far as I know, and for what little it's worth, that was a
spur-of-the-moment invention.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]