If it's not in the dictionary, it must not be a word

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 9 19:06:16 UTC 2006

>In this post yesterday, I misspelled Keith Cowing's name.  My apologies.

Too late; you've given all of us "linguistic police" officers a bad
name.  (See Update #2 in Ben's post at
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003240.html and
the brief post by Cowing in the link.  Wonder if Cowing's disparaging
reference to "Lanuage Log" was another instance of the Law at work...)

LH