If it's not in the dictionary, it must not be a word

Fri Jun 9 19:12:28 UTC 2006

Yes, I have.  I sent Cowing an email about the subject, and he sent
Zimmer and me a semi-snide comment back about spelling (and I might
note, his email to me had a typo).  I apologized to him for having
misspelled his name; his acceptance of said apology was less than
gracious.

And I figured my original error here (which is the source of Ben's
misspelling in his (pre-correction) Language Log post) deserved
correction.

If I'm gonna nit-pick others, I need to get my own nits in a row.

(And as I told Ben off-line, I am but an unsworn deputy in the
Linguistic Police force, without arrest powers.)