OT: Google goes crazy

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Thu Jun 29 11:28:08 UTC 2006

From:    Bapopik at AOL.COM
in the thread: Potato Skins & Roy Rogers; OT: Google goes crazy

<snip>

> GOOGLE RESULTS:
> POPIK--Barrypopik.com is on first page on Google, at number 4. It was  almost
> always number one for "Popik."
> BIG APPLE--Barrypopik.com is not anywhere on the first 65 pages of Google
> results

Hey--just think about what it does to your self-esteem to plug in your
*own* *name* (with or without quotation marks, doesn't matter) and end
up nowhere in the first 100 results...

(=david bowie linguistics= does pretty good for me, though, even though
my professional homepage is lower than my CV and my list of links; top
link is Jesse Sheidlower's _Slate_ article on the 2005 ADS WotY vote,
which i'll happily let people see as their first impression of me.)

<snip>

David, who *still* thinks "wardrobe malfunction" should have won
--
David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx