A Conversation in Flash

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Tue Mar 7 08:32:25 UTC 2006

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: A Conversation in Flash
>
> "Feather" seems to be "return the stolen goods to" (quite the opposite of "pluck").

But why, Jon? The conversation here, at least as I read it, is saying;
'Get on with the job, the cops have their eye on the place already.' I
can see no suggestion of 'returning' the stolen goods, since the
'pigeon' has not yet been 'winged', and nothing has yet been
half-inched. Presumably they are still softening him up with max.

JG