dwaddle

Mon May 1 23:09:37 UTC 2006

a friend, in conversation last week, told a story of a visit to a
museum, where their guide (according to my friend's report) "told us
not to dwaddle".  he was certain this was the right word, and
maintained he'd never heard "dawdle".  a new one to me.  but i see
that there are a modest number of google webhits in this sense (plus
some where "dwaddle" is a substitute for standard "twaddle" and some
i don't understand). e.g.,

You'll want to dwaddle here. Literature of the French Middle Ages.
www.loyno.edu/~avclark/Machaut/imslinks.htm

Maybe if you lot didn't dwaddle around all day instead of just
practicing on the pitch in the summer you would have a shot.
www.bigsoccer.com/forum/ showthread.php?t=336899&page=3

... the Cowboy who's too tough to brush his teeth, Delbert the
Dinosaur who loves to dwaddle and dream, and Bugs who bring all their
kin and just move in!
readingbyear.com/music.htm