Showing "ADS-L" in message subjects

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu May 25 18:14:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:04:05PM -0400, sagehen wrote:

> >and from then on all list mail will have "[ADS-L]" in the subject
> >line, before the actual subject. You can then use it to filter
> >automatically or mentally, as you prefer.
>
> My early version Eudora (Light 3.13; NOT the one with the built-in scold)
> will filter ADS-L into its proper mailbox if "ADS-L" appears in any part of
> the header.  OTOH if "ADS-L" appeared in every subject line, I think it
> would mess up the sorting feature, which I often use to collect all the
> discussion on a particular thread for filing.  A. Murie

I'm not familiar with how Eudora works, but adding the above tag
to the subject has no other effect on the header, so if Eudora
is finding something now, it should still find it later. Or if
you can set it to look in the subject line, it can do that.

Of course, you don't have to activate this feature, so if your
system is working well for you now, there's no need to change it!

Jesse Sheidlower
ADS-L