the verb SKUNK in cribbage (revival)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Nov 20 15:47:36 UTC 2006

And in my earlier days, in the Northeast -- Boston, at least.

Isn't "skunk" also used in some card games?  Perhaps hearts, when one
player takes all the points, and thereby wins.  A half-hearted Google
search also showed up this, at
http://www.dolphincovegames.com/dcgs/games/euchre/gloss.php, about
euchre:  "to win a game with the opponent having scored zero points;
to shut out an opponent: Also whitewash"

Joel