"pellow" and "melk"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 25 04:16:12 UTC 2006

On Egyption Phonetics - hieroglyphs were really letters
from
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/egypt/hieroglyphics/rosettastone.html

The earliest translation of the Greek text on the Rosetta Stone into English
was done by Reverend Stephen Weston in London in April 1802 before the
Society of Antiquaries . About this time, both deSacy and Thomas Young,
attempted to decipher the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone. Young was
successful in determining that foreign names could not be represented by
symbols because symbols are based upon the words used in a given language.
Thus, foreign names had to be spelled phonetically. In hieroglyphics there
are groups of symbols that are separated from other symbols. These encircled
inscriptions are called cartouches. Thomas Young determined that the
cartouches were proper names of people who were not Egyptian like the names
of Ptolemy and Alexander which in Greek were Ptolemaios and Alexandrus. He
successfully deciphered 5 cartouches. His publication on this matter was far
reaching.

At this point there is involvement by a young French historian and linguist
named Jean-Fracois Champollion. Champollion had mastered many Eastern
languages. In 1807, Champollion went to study for two years with noted
French linguist Francois Antoine-Isaac Silvestre deSacy. Later in his
career, Champollion had compiled a Coptic dictionary and read Thomas Young
in 1819. Looking at Young’s writing on the subject of hieroglyphics, he
realized that what Young had actually proven was that all of hieroglyphics
were phonetic, not just those hieroglyphics that were contained within the
cartouches. Utilizing hieroglyphics from an estate at Kingston Lacey in
Britain, Champollion correctly identified the names of Cleopatra and
Alexandrus and verified Ptolemeus which had previously been identified by
Young He published his results and continued his research. In 1822 new
inscriptions from a temple at Abu Simbel on the Nile were introduced into
Europe and Champollion had correctly identified the name of the pharaoh who
had built the temple. That name was ‘Ramses.’ Utilizing his knowledge of
Coptic he continued to successfully translate the hieroglyphics opening up
an understanding of the Ancient Egyptians.

You can download hieroglyphics phonetic font at
http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=400609

I'll defer to Mr Barrett on spelling and grammar.  But he misspells
truespel.  According to his logic, how can he get anything right?  That
doesn't follow.

A new Egyption word is ~kaarttuesh (encircled names).  That's spelled in
truespel as I heard it (double consonant shows stress on second syllable).
I did not know how to spell it in tradspel until I looked it up - cartouch
or cartouche (I see it both ways).

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

age, and price. Try it!