Fried Coke (!)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 5 03:35:57 UTC 2006

Greetings again from Texas. It took me all of within one week to drive into
the garage door. The thing goes up, and it's not supposed to go down again
right  away (we're finding out that the owner bought cheap stuff all around, but
that's  another story). Just a lil' dent...I'll probably go to San Antonio
next week;  hope I don't back into the Alamo.
I'm not sure of "fried Coke" is a regional dish (or even a good one), but
here goes.
4 October 2006, Austin American-Statesman (statesman.com), section E (Food  &
Life), pg. E1:
_Fair thee well with_
_fried soda, then_
_ceviche in Big D_
(...)
(Pg. E8--ed.)
As far as fair food goes, you're in for a treat. (Am I serious? You'll have
to decide).
If you want to snack on the "best taste" winner in this year's contest for
new food items at the fair, you'll be munching a coconut-pecan praline that is
battered, fried and served warm.
If you're looking for something a little more innovative, seek out the
winner of the "most creative" prize: fried Coke. Coke-flavored batter is
deep-fried, drizzled with Coke fountain syrup and topped with whipped cream,  cinnamon
sugar and a cherry.
When you come down from the sugar buzz created by that midway madness,
tapas, steak or salad will seem like a real treat.