please put places lived history in signature

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 24 13:04:19 UTC 2006

There's that song by Sir Walter Scott,

  "Deep in the Heart of Midlothian."

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: please put places lived history in signature

Midlothian is in Scotland?! I thought that it was in Texas! ;-)

-Wilson

On 10/23/06, Paul A Johnston, Jr.
wrote:
> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: "Paul A Johnston, Jr."

> Subject: Re: please put places lived history in signature
>
> SE NY-6
> NE IL-8
> NC NJ-4
> SE MI-4
> NC NJ-2
> MIDLOTHIAN, SCOTLAND-13
> SINGAPORE-2
> NC NJ-1
> SC NY-1
> SW MI-17
>
> Paul Johnston (an academic)

Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-----
Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is knows how deep
a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our
race. He brought death into the world.

--Sam Clemens