please put places lived history in signature

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 24 15:02:17 UTC 2006

>Midlothian is in Scotland?! I thought that it was in Texas! ;-)
>-Wilson

It's even in m-w.com!  Click on the icon and  hear the word spoken.
Main Entry: Mid·lo·thi·an
Pronunciation: mid-'lO-[th]E-&n
Function: geographical name
administrative area of SE Scotland area 137 square miles (356 square
kilometers)

I would put a y-glide before final syllable.  Sometime m-w.com puts y-glides
in, sometimes not.

Tom Z

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM>
>Subject:      Re: please put places lived history in signature
>
>There's that song by Sir Walter Scott,
>
>   "Deep in the Heart of Midlothian."
>
>   JL
>
>Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>   ---------------------- Information from the mail header
>-----------------------
>Sender: American Dialect Society
>Poster: Wilson Gray
>Subject: Re: please put places lived history in signature
>
>Midlothian is in Scotland?! I thought that it was in Texas! ;-)
>
>-Wilson
>
>On 10/23/06, Paul A Johnston, Jr.
>wrote:
>-----------------------
> > Sender: American Dialect Society
> > Poster: "Paul A Johnston, Jr."
>
> > Subject: Re: please put places lived history in signature

> > SE NY-6
> > NE IL-8
> > NC NJ-4
> > SE MI-4
> > NC NJ-2
> > MIDLOTHIAN, SCOTLAND-13
> > SINGAPORE-2
> > NC NJ-1
> > SC NY-1
> > SW MI-17
> >
> > Paul Johnston (an academic)

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best
route!  http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001