Oxford Round Table--which doesn't sound very "round"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Tue Oct 24 19:37:38 UTC 2006

This <scholar> does not plan to attend, though she did in fact receive
<the letter>.

Bethany

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Charles Doyle wrote:
>The Oxford Round Table letter announces a conference next March, which
"will again devote a special session to the topic"--namely, "bilingual
education and the teaching of English as a second language."  The
conference will take place in Oxford, and the registration fee is just
$2940.

>The enclosed glossy brochure explains that "the Oxford Round Table was
founded in 1989, as a colloquium for small groups of governmental and
business leaders to engage in discussions of contemporary public policy
that affect [sic] nations and states worldwide."

>My suspicion is that "most scholars" of language might not attend, for
one reason or another . . . .