"on the same page" / "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 31 00:09:41 UTC 2006

The Second Armored Division: Hell On Wheels. A buddy of mine who did
Basic with the 2AD in the 'Fifties said that the trainees referred to
it as "Hell On Heels!" :-)

-Wilson

On 10/29/06, Wells Darla L <dlw3208 at louisiana.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Wells Darla L <dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "on the same page" / "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."
>
> I know for a fact that we were using it at Fort Hood in the 522nd CIWI (I
> think I spelled it right) Battalion in the 2nd Armored Division in 1976-7ish.
> Darla Wells
>

> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:15:32 -0500, Sam Clements wrote

Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-----
Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is knows how deep
a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our
race. He brought death into the world.

--Sam Clemens