"Uglier than a hat full of ass"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 10 04:44:38 UTC 2006

Well, not really. It's a whole lot of colored folks who use these.
Well, probably not nearly as many as there used to be. My childhood
friends have been dying off since 1986. The saying featuring Sammy
Davis, Jr. is probably on  the way out as people who know what he
looked like die off.

-Wilson

On 9/8/06, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "Uglier than a hat full of ass"
>
> Wilson, a Google search indicates with a rather high level of probability that
>
>   YOU ARE THE ONLY EARTHMAN TO USE THESE PHRASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>   Your response, please.
>
>   JL
>
> Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

-Wilson
----