USC

Mon Sep 11 18:23:12 UTC 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

> Ohio University, of course!  Funny--I used to be at the "University of
> Indiana," and now I'm at the "University of Ohio."    I can't win.

have you considered the possibility that you carry the preposition
with you?  it just might be all about you, beverly.

arnold, noting that the University of Georgia is also in Athens, and
that the u.s. and canada seem to be free of any University of Athens
or Athens University -- but it's a close thing: Athens State
University in Athens, Alabama, and Athens College, a secondary school
incorporated in New York state but actually operating in Greece