accusative cursing - stress

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 14 11:21:19 UTC 2007

Thanks James.

In coming up with a way to show stress in a simplified spelling system, I
looked at using double consonants.  Would it be better to use the double
consonant before or after a vowel to indicate a stressed syllable?  I looked
at words that have the stressed vowel between two sets of double consonants,
like the word accommodate, to see how they are misspelled.  Turns out 75% of
the time the second double is dropped (like "accomodate").  So in English
there must be a propensity to think that stress comes after double
consonant.

See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.