MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 27 14:42:52 UTC 2007

For me, I think I've heard MILF spoken out almost exclusively as "mom" not
"mother."

Scot LaFaive

>From: David Bowie <db.list at PMPKN.NET>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)
>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:52:24 -0400

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       David Bowie <db.list at PMPKN.NET>
>Subject:      Re: MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)
>
>Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
> > At 9:48 AM -0700 4/26/07, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>
> >> "FILF" (for use by women and gay men) has been coined on the model of
> >> "MILF".
>
> > One of my students submitted "DILF" in her New Words Journal in '03,
> > overheard during Visiting Weekend at Yale.  Seems less likely to be
> > misparsed ("Hey, look at that FILF!").
>
>FWIW, i've heard/read DILF before, but never FILF. DILF seems to be more
>parallel, since MILF/FILF would require a mother/father distinction, but
>whenever i've heard MILF broken down in full, it's always begun with
>mom, not mother.
>
>--
>David Bowie                               University of Central Florida
>      Jeanne's Two Laws of Chocolate: If there is no chocolate in the
>      house, there is too little; some must be purchased. If there is
>      chocolate in the house, there is too much; it must be consumed.

Don’t quit your job – Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year.
Start Today!
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144