MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Apr 28 01:14:42 UTC 2007

>For me, I think I've heard MILF spoken out almost exclusively as "mom" not
>"mother."

I find this interesting. It's not my experience -- rather the
opposite. And I had always assumed that it was a phrase modelled on
the venerable "motherfucker."

A Google poll gets me 32,500 for full-phrase "mother i'd like to
fuck" and 11,700 for "mom i'd like to fuck"; {"mom i'd like to" MILF}
gets 13,800, and {"mother i'd like to" MILF} gets 32,700, meaning
that there are more instances where the vulgarity is left out of the
explanation that use "mom" than that use "mother", but otherwise
"mother" is roughly triple "mom".

James Harbeck.