"Jackass" deemed "inappropriate"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 8 12:47:52 UTC 2007

Now that we've mastered "B-word" avoidance, _Fox & Friends_ implies that many are avoiding the "J-word" as well.

  In an oblique allusion to the MTV show _Jackass_, anchor Steve Doocy remarked a few minutes ago that Johnny Knoxville hosted a show "with a very inappropriate name."  The name was not uttered.

  Curiously, the title _Jackass_ was entirely appropriate since the show was about the idiotic, frequently injurious stunts of morons.  Oh! "Inappropriate" in the sense of "naughty." Now I get it.

  JL

Got a little couch potato?