Want I should?

Montgomery Michael ullans at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 13 00:49:16 UTC 2007

The excerpt below is from my _Dictionary of Smoky
Mountain English_ (Univ. of Tennessee Press, 2004).  A
Yiddish source is out of the question, but a German
one is much more tantalizing.  Quite a few more people
settled in southern Appalachia whose own language or
ancestral language was German than is usually
recognized.

Michael

want verb
  1 with ellipsis of following that, with a dependent
clause as object of the verb.
  1928 Mathes (in 1952 Mathes Tall Tales 43) Child, I
want ye should think about it all yer days!  1931
Goodrich Mt Homespun 49 They want you should use the
hickory on some of them rough boys.  ibid. 54 Maw
wants you should go with her tomorrow to her aunts' in
Tennessy.  1975 Chalmers Better 59 Pink's wife's been
took bad, and Doc wants you should come and he'p him.

http://positiveanymore.blogspot.com/2006/03/you-want-i-should-grow-beard.html

http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/