The Broncks', the borough of my childhood, fades away

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Dec 6 14:39:25 UTC 2007

At 12/6/2007 09:10 AM, Michael Quinion wrote:
>James Harbeck wrote:
>
> > But I can't off the top of my head think of another street in London
> > that starts with "the."
>
>Having a London A-Z (actually the Ordnance Survey ABC) within hand's reach
>helps memory wonderfully. It includes The Cedars, The Chevenings, The
>Curve, The Hatch, The Link, and the delightful The Sunny Road. For more,
>see http://www.londontown.com/LondonStreets/the_sunny_road_e2e.html. The
>map on that page also shows The Link and yet another, The Brightside,
>which connects with the  Sunny Side. Who wouldn't like to be able to say
>"I live on the corner of The Sunny Side and The Brightside"? Depressives
>need not apply.

I live on the edge of The Far Side.  (Speaking figuratively, of course.)

Re an earlier question, about "A ...":  Who would want to show off
that they lived on "A Sunny Road"?  Not much distinction from those
who live on "Another Sunny Road".

Joel