"Willie Nelson, 'garlic soup' of entertainers will do fundraiser"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 5 15:13:45 UTC 2007

At 2:18 AM -0500 2/5/07, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>Garlic soup? "Stew" perhaps, but garlic soup?

But that's a standard menu/recipe item, with many variants.  Just as
the "chicken with 40 cloves of garlic" dish ends up with just a faint
aroma and ideally rich flavor of the stinking rose, garlic soup
(187,000 raw, if you'll pardon the expression, g-hits) isn't as
overpowering as you might think, and often quite tasty, with a little
kick.  Since "garlic stew" isn't a standard item, they probably opted
for the "soup" version below.    (I don't think of it as being
particularly Texas- or Austin-connected, though; why not a firehouse
chili of entertainers?)

LH