OT re "fact" = proposition, nonfact

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 8 17:49:55 UTC 2007

At 11:48 AM -0500 2/8/07, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>At 2/8/2007 09:55 AM, Joseph Salmons wrote:
>>It's off topic, but just for the record, the person 'preaching' this
>>was not a professor but a part-time (and, I think, short-term) lecturer.
>
>Any relationship between these two facts?
>
>Joel

Well, if Fox & Friends were pushing the line that universities are
filled with "tenured radicals" who hate America and such, then the
fact that this particular "fact" was being purveyed by a visiting
lecturer at UW-Madison rather than a beloved senior professor there
might be a relevant counterbalancing point (if, as Joe noted,
off-topic).

LH