diamond geezers

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Tue Feb 13 15:10:54 UTC 2007

I just checked 'Diamond Geezer' on IMDb. It appears to be a TV series
described as 'David Jason begins a new television drama for ITV with
'Diamond Geezer' revolving around a career criminal trying to persuade a
first time offender to join forces with him in his new big scam.' They
are now shooting series 2. No further plot details are offered.

As to character, if track record is anything to by, Jason would be
ideal, even stereotyped for the role. I don't know whether John
Sullivan's wonderful TV series _Only Fools and Horses_ ever received an
airing in the US? It concerns an incompetent pair of brothers, Jason
being the elder and known in the scripts as 'Del-Boy Trotter', who
attempts to eke out a living 'ducking and diving' his way through a
series of (almost invariably) unsuccessful scams. His base of operations
is South rather than East London, but this has little bearing on the plots.

However, all this may be irrelevant, since no actor or character
'Michael Smith' ('Smiff' would probably be the Cockney version)  appears
in the cast list.

Meanwhile, I have mailed my friend Andrew Payne, and perhaps he can cast
some light.

JG