Heard on the Judges

Fri Jan 12 18:57:22 UTC 2007

Wilson asked about
 > "Radiator" pronounced to rhyme with "gladiator."

As a child I heard this from my maternal grandmother, who was born in New
York City circa 1890 and lived there all her life. I thought of it as yet
another of her quaint and inexplicable speech patterns, like "icebox" for
"refrigerator". More demographic information to parallel Wilson's info on
his sources: she was white, Jewish, and the child of immigrants from Russia.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]