NYPL's NY Tribune (1900-1910) (response just received)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 20 20:58:27 UTC 2007

It seems that I was wrong, and that it's the NY Sun 1900-1910 that has the
NEH grant. The NY Tribune 1900-1910 was done by ProQuest. Maybe Yale gets that
ProQuest subscription, but certainly not the University of Texas (the actual
newspaper morgue for the NY Tribune!).
BTW, I forgot to look for the baseball term "bull pen," supposedly born  at
NY's Polo Grounds of this period.
>From an e-mail just received:
Dear Barry,

The digitization of the New York Tribune (1900-1910) was  not a part of a
grant.  It was done by ProQuest and is available by  subscription.  The New
York Public Library is digitizing the New York  Sun (1900-1910) as a part of
the National Digital Newspaper Program, a NEH  funded initiative.
Newspapers digitized through this program will be  available for free on the
Web.  Phase one of this project is due to be  launched sometime in 2007.
For more details, go to  http://www.loc.gov/ndnp/

ML-Milstein Division of United States History,  Local History & Genealogy
The New York Public Library
Humanities and  Social Sciences Library, Room 121
Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street
New York,  NY 10018-2788
http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/lhg/genea.html
Please  submit all reference queries to our online  form:
http://www.nypl.org/research/eref/hssl/ereflhg.cfm
Free Web  Resources:
Genealogy -  http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/lhg/genea.cfm
United States History -  http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/lhg/history.cfm