Frankenbiting

davemarc davemarc at PANIX.COM
Wed Jul 11 04:40:37 UTC 2007

Frankenbiting has little or nothing to do with hot dog eating contests.

"Reality shows 'create' dialogue--and drama--by editing and mixing sound
bites in a practice dubbed 'Frankenbiting.' Story editor Rebecca Hertz says
she did it during the first season of *The Swan* to falsely illustrate how
winner Rachel Love-Fraser was unhappily married. 'In a preinterivew, I led
her husband to say Rachel looks average but buthe thought she looked
beautiful,' recalls Hertz.... 'I cut it down to him saying she looks average
so he sounded like a mean, horrible a--hole. He was furious when he saw the
show.'"

Lynette Rice, "Writers Bloc," ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY. July 8, 2006. Page 10.

Best,

David