words starting with "ex"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 24 11:32:37 UTC 2007

Thanks Amy,

I really should say that the m-w.com site is truly a marvelous free resource
and commend Marriam-Webster and all that worked on it for a fine job.
Hearing the spoken word actually revolutionizes the dictionary.  Sound files
must be used in this forum as well.  This is a wonderful thing they did.

Many of the issues I address I believe are due to changing pronunciation
over time that legacy phonetic spelling hasn't kept up with, or due to mixed
accents.  I certainly never intimated that the pronunciation were "from the
wild."

I agree that phonetic spelling is needlessly cryptic and should be redone in
an English friendly way so it's more accessible, especially for instructing
in reading and English pronunciation.  That's the thrust of truespel.

What you seem to have said below is that my reliance on m-w.com as a
pronunciation guide for typical USA accent is a good one because m-w.com is
ably quality controlled, with the proviso that regional accents will vary.
I agree with you.

See truespel.com - and the 4  truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at
authorhouse.com.