McDonald's tells Webster, "Take this McJob and shove it"

Karl Hagen karl at POLYSYLLABIC.COM
Thu Jun 7 22:22:02 UTC 2007

It seems obvious to me that this new round is just a PR stunt, as was
the OED badgering. The point can't really be to get the dictionaries to
change. Only a someone completely ignorant of how dictionaries work
could think such a campaign would be effective, and whatever else
McDonald's executives might be, I don't attribute them with such ignorance.

This campaign does, however, get McDonald's a lot of free media through
which they can propagate their McMessage. And I've noticed paid
commercials in which McD's extols the virtues of working at their fine
establishments.