Names With Zing

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 13 13:31:24 UTC 2007

About twenty years ago, the _Weekly World News_ reported on a horrible experience. An elderly lady joined a seance to attempt to contact her sister, Matilda the nun, who had recently passed over.

  Owing to a faulty psychic connection, guess who showed up and wha he did next?

  JL

Darla Wells <dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Darla Wells
Subject: Re: Names With Zing

I remember all the neat burlesque names from when I was a kid, like Tempest
Storm and Candy Barr. The roller derby ladies in Seattle have some good ones:

White Team Members: Jowanna Ass-Kickin', Matilda the Hun, Ann R. Kissed,
Hideous Braxley, Dirty Little Secret, Meg My Day, Carmen Getsome, Rollin'
Bayou, Billie Boilermaker, and Rebel Belle

Green Team Members: D-Bomb, Miss Fortune, Burnett Down, Drew Blood, Rettig to
Rumble, Edie Brickwall, Valtron 3000, Katarina Whip, Tash-ya Round, and Juliet
Bravo

http://www.ratcityrollergirls.com/photos.html

Darla

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince. With science, you can turn a
frog into a Ph.D and you still have the frog you started with. (Terry Pratchett)