coffee pods

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Jun 15 03:11:17 UTC 2007

We have a new coffee machine in the administrative offices of the
museum that uses not "coffee pods" but "flavor pods": there are pods
for chai and hot chocolate in addition to the coffee.

I used the darn thing for the first time today. I feigned offense at
the steps where you're required to indicate "your cup size" (all  the
staff in offices on that floor are female, oddly enough).

I also pointed out how sad it was that the perfectly fine compostable
coffee grounds were now sealed in plastic.

---Amy West