EasyJet says eco plane would half CO2 emissions

Landau, James James.Landau at NGC.COM
Fri Jun 15 19:51:53 UTC 2007

Headline "EasyJet says eco plane would half CO2 emissions"
http://www.transportbriefing.co.uk/story.php?id=4124
Note the use of "half" as a verb instead of "halve", and that "eco" is a
stand-alone word rather than a prefix (or perhaps it should be
considered a short form of "eco-friendly").
   *******
The acronym "C3I", pronounced "cee-cubed-I" and meaning "Command,
Control, Communications, and Intelligence" has been military jargon for
ages.  However I just discovered that my company has a "sector vice
president, Executive Customer Relationships for Global Command, Control,
Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) and Space".  "C4I" is a
new one on me; I have no idea how it's pronounced.
 ********
http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/new-problems-for-the-airbus-a380-t17790,st
art,60.html
"[after Airbus had designed their A380 airliner], and presented the
details, the airline executives reviewing it noted that it (vague on
this part) it either did not meet the noise standards, or did not meet
the standards that were being implanted and would apply when it came
into service."
Obviously the writer was in a hurry (note the repeated "it") and meant
to say "implemented", but still the idea of noise-reduction regulations
being "implanted" is intriguing...
    - James A. Landau
       Test Engineer
       Northrop-Grumman,  Information Technology Division
       8025 Black Horse Pike, Suite 300
       West Atlantic City  NJ  08232   USA