Bouey knife (Bowie knife) (Jan. 25, 1836)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 22 15:07:18 UTC 2007

The Dominican mother-in-law is in town, and we took her to the Alamo. She
still doesn't know what it's about or what it's called.
In the gift shop was an exhibit on the Bowie knife. I forget the  citation,
but an early one was for "Bouey" knife. I would never have  thought to look
for this spelling (and can't find it on the web).This is before  the death of
Jim Bowie at the Alamo, March 6, 1836.
25 January 1836, Nashville Banner and Nashville Whig, pg. 4,col.  4 ad:
40 dozen Rodger's Superior Pen and Pocket Knives,
Dirk, Deer and Sportmen's Knives;
Arkansas and Bouey Knives;