"Feel good movie" (1983, not Joel Siegel?)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jun 30 01:34:49 UTC 2007

Film critic Joel Siegel died. I remembered him from his movie reviews on  the
New York City ABC local news in the 1970s. He never or rarely gave bad
reviews, but always said something nice. If Siegel was quoted in a movie's ads,
you could be sure that the movie was a stinker that no one else liked.
I thought that Siegel coined "feel good movie," but Time's Richard Corliss
wrote that about THE BIG CHILL (1983).
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Siegel_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Siegel)
_http://efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=524_
(http://efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=524)
Joel Siegel (Good Morning America)
Do  you ever remember Joel Siegel giving a bad review to a film? It must have
 happened at some point on the time/space continuum, but I’ve never seen it.
ABCNews.com says “Joel Siegel, a Good Morning America family member since
1981,  blends his unique sense of humor with his insights in the field of films
and  filmmaking to provide GMA viewers with movie reviews that are both
informative  and entertaining.” Lets examine that.

INFORMATIVE  AND ENTERTAINING REVIEWS
Monsters Inc – “An instant  classic”
Behind Enemy Lines – “Amazing”
Training Day – “This is a great film”
Final  Fantasy: The Spirits Within – “It’s a terrific film.”
Hearts  in Atlantis – “A wonderful, wonderful movie”
Sexy Beast  – “This film gets an A”
Jurassic Park III – “A thrill  ride…high on adrenaline!”
Spy Game – “I loved this movie!  The action’s terrific. Heart-pounding
suspense. It’s really smart. I saw it  twice. It’s that good.”
The Last Castle – “Wildly  entertaining…Redford couldn’t be better”
What’s the Worst That  Could Happen? – “Devito and Lawrence are dynamite
together”
The Others – “A gothic ghost story with a 21st century  twist!”
The Score – “Terrific Fun…Adds up to one of the best  of the summer.”
Bridget Jones’s Diary – “Terrific Fun! This  is one of the best films of the
year! It’s great!”
Shrek –  “Hilarious…I was on the floor. One of the year’s best movies”
The Lord of the Rings – “Real Magic! One of the Best Films of  the Year”
Zoolander – “The funniest movie of the year”
Bandits – “Laughs, nothing but laughs. One of the year’s best  films”
Apocalypse Now Redux – “One of the great films of all  time! Don’t miss it!”
Gosford Park – “Gosford Park is one of  Altman’s best, which is to say…one
of film’s best”
UNIQUE SENSE OF HUMOR
Down to Earth – “Chris  Rocks”
Blow – “This movie blew me away”

Time Richard Corliss
Indeed, the entire film is a kind of sock-hop benefit for  Approaching Middle
Age. This maturing generation never played Taps with such  glamour or good
humor. Play the music and let the big chill—the knowledge that  "we're all alone
out there, and we're going out there tomorrow"—melt away in the  warmth of
the feel-good  movie of '83.