Google Books searches

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 3 13:47:44 UTC 2007

At 3/3/2007 12:02 AM, Doug Wilson wrote:
>One must be careful with the Google Books search; sometimes the date is
>very wrong, and one can't tell because there is no good page view.

Yes, for serials the date sometimes seems to be the date of first
publication, and of various incarnations of the title at that.  Makes
it difficult to impossible to determine the date for
serials.  Sometimes one can crawl up the page to a running header,
I'm told -- but I've not succeeded with that myself.

Joel