Harvard of the South (HotS); Harvard on the Hocking; Harvard on the Highway...

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 4 20:44:01 UTC 2007

>From Google. "Harvard" & "Texas."
_She'll be  feverish after so much thinking_
(http://after-so-much-thinking.blogspot.com/)
Texas has become the first state to enact  legislation requiring girls age 12
& up be ... Athens, Ohio  (home of Ohio University, "Harvard on the Hocking")

_World War  II Story - Post War Chicago - Chapter 30 - Gallagher_
(http://www.gallagher.com/ww2/chapter30.html)      Ed was accepted as an Air Cadet, but
when he got  down to a Texas Air Base, ... at Navy Pier near downtown  Chicago,
labeled Harvard on the Lake (Michigan).  ...
_UIAA at Chicago: 'From Pier to Here'_
(http://www.uiaa.org/chicago/highlights/40th_memory.html)      ... 'Navy Pier' or 'the Pier,' but we  soon began
calling it 'Harvard on the Rocks. ... That win  advanced the Flames to the NCAA
tournament in Texas against  ...
_The Shorthorn Online | Opinion | From Ash to Cash_
(http://www.theshorthorn.com/archive/2005/summer/05-aug-02/o080205-02.html)      When my grandfather
laughingly referred to UTA  as “Harvard on the Highway,” ... It didn’t have the
rah-rah  and school spirit of UT-Austin, Texas A&M or even  ...
_Angel of the apocalypse - smh.com.au_
(http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/07/1046826531870.html)      Baylor is the Harvard of the Baptists,  and
favoured to be the site of the G.W. Bush Presidential Library. The  city has one
other landmark, the Texas Rangers  ...
_Moving mountains (Scott)_ (http://www.lamar.edu/newsevents/cc/461_3804.htm)
    “When I graduated from Harvard on the  Neches (Lamar) in 1975, I was
putting my accounting degree to good use  writing payroll checks out of our pickup
truck  ...
_20-20: Building Access, Engaged Learning and Excellence :: Campus  ..._
(http://www.compact.org/20th/read/building_access_engaged_learning_and_excellence)
     UTEP's community is El Paso, Texas; and  the University, with an
enrollment ... "Harvard on the  Border," woke up to the reality of its surroundings
and began  ...
_Nicholls State University - Wikipedia, the free  encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholls_State_University)      The school is sometimes
referred to as  "Harvard on the Bayou;" the university bookstore even sells shirts
sporting this light-hearted nickname.  ...
_The IvyGate Index: Hollywood - IvyGate_
(http://www.ivygateblog.com/blog/2006/11/the_ivygate_index_hollywood_1.html)      I thought Duke was the Harvard
of the  South. Which would make Rice the Harvard of Texas. Which is kind've
like saying that you're the only one on the short  ...
_Aggie Librarian: What I am, and what I am not_
(http://aggielibrarian.blogspot.com/2006/05/what-i-am-and-what-i-am-not.html)
For those of you not from Texas, an "Aggie" is a  current student or former
... graduate studies at Rice University,  a.k.a. our "Harvard of the
Southwest". ...
_The  Wacky Post-Modernism of David Bagsby - interview_
(http://tulsatvmemories.com/murgbag.html)      ... composition at The University  of Tulsa ("The
Harvard of the Southwest"), ... is also  an extraordinary musician who has
worked with The Texas  Playboys, ...
_JSTOR: The Short History of Race-Based Affirmative Action at  Rice ..._
(http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=1077-3711(199623)13<36:TSHORA>2.0.CO;2-#)
Often called the "Harvard of the  Southwest," 10.0% 10 The Surge in 9 ... the
Hopwood case that  the University of Texas Law School could no longer use race
_Rice  University_ (http://wikimapia.org/4759/)      Rice is also part of the
Texas  Medical Center, the largest medical center in ... yep... they  call it
"the Harvard of the South." (but that's only because  ...

_Syndicated College News_
(http://www.brookhavencourier.com/channel/section/uglobal_section_id/885de8be-9d29-405f-9cf1-a15a527b43d6/zip/75244/)      In
recent years, some have begun calling SMU  "the Harvard of the South. ... Daily
News from Texas  A&M's student newspaper, The Battalion.  ...
_Southern Ivy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ivy_League)      Of those eleven states, only Alabama does not
claim to have a single HotS ['Harvard of the South']."  Usually universities do
not accord themselves that  ...
_Nickname -  Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickname)
... Begins," Cowtown, Funkytown, FW (pronounced  "EFF-dub") - Fort Worth,
Texas ... "Harvard on the  Hill" derogatory term used for local community
colleges  ...

_Hey there...miss me? [Archive] - Civilization Gaming Network  Forums_
(http://www.civgaming.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-4930.html)      In Texas, we
don't even know what New  England winters are. We also have Harvard on the Hill
(aka  Tarrant County College). That's a joke, because most people  ...
_North Texas Balls: The Eagle Dilemma_
(http://ntballs.blogspot.com/2007/03/eagle-dilemma.html)      Your North Texas Source for Biased and  Unprofessional
Sports Opinion ... versus U. of Arkansas - Little  Rock (Harvard of the
Ozarks) and Arkansas State.  ...
_TWSCO -  Officer Profiles_ (http://www.twsco.com/Executive%20Team.htm)
Scott has been with TWSCO since 1987. Education:  BBA Management – Texas Tech
University, Lubbock, TX (The Harvard  of the Panhandle). Prior to Joining
TWSCO:  ...
_Flagship Knoxville History_
(http://www.crsmithmuseum.org/AAhistory/origin.htm)
Meanwhile, a Texas bus operator, Temple Bowen  organized Texas Air Transport
in late 1927 ... Embry-Riddle  has been described as the "Harvard of the
skies.  ...
_symo [Archive] - PowWeb Community Forums_ (http://forum.powweb.com/
archive/index.php/t-57296.html)

As you may, or may not know, Tom is a  Texas Tech grad (certainly can't tell
by ... All I  know is that at the "Harvard of the Plains" (Nebraska) we at
least ...
_The Collegian :: Archives of Op-Ed Articles_
(http://www.bethelks.edu/collegian/archives/index.php?section=op-ed)       ... an April morning after he  had
crossed the Rio Grande near Harlingen, Texas.  ... Being in college,
especially here at the “Little  Harvard on the Plains,”  ...
(Bethel College)
_Dallas Sports Guide_
(http://www.dallassportsguide.com/featured_dynamic.asp?FeatureID=39)

Joe Kerbel: This football coaching legend  never found it difficult to
recruit players to remote West  Texas State, the Harvard of the High Plains,  ...
_Jeffrey St. Clair: Flirtations with  Disaster_
(http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair09152005.html)
    Sacrificial Murder by  Texas: Frances Newton Died for Bush's Sins  ... no
trace evidence that he won any academic  laurels at this Harvard of the
Heartland.  ...
(Central State College, OK)
_The People's Republic of Seabrook: Next up:  Little Sisters of the Poor_
(http://intellectualize.org/archives/007912.html)      ... competition that
wouldn’t make a good Texas high school team break  a sweat. ... Yep, Macalester isn
’t called “The  Harvard of the Midwest” because of our  ...
_Cloudcroft Online Newsletter #179 - September  12, 2003_
(http://cloudcroft.com/news/news179.htm)      ... New Mexico  University in Silver
City...otherwise known as the  Harvard of the Gila. ... In Texas,  we say that Cloudcroft is
Texas' secret retreat.  ...

_Grad Schools, Universities, Colleges and Graduate  Resources ..._
(http://www.gradsource.com/article.cfm?ArtId=2756)      ... Saskatchewan, South
Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah  ... in Washington D.C. (also
affectionately called the  Harvard of the Deaf World.  ...
_Luke Ford_ (http://www.lukeford.net/archives/updates/020311.htm)      ...
emphases on journalism  and film) at the University of Arizona, "the Harvard  of
the Southwest." ... With nothing else to do,  she follows him to Texas.  ...

_Barcode spoofer caught stealing iPod shuffle -  Engadget_
(http://wireless.engadget.com/2005/12/05/barcode-spoofer-caught-stealing-ipod-shuffle/)
Guns can be used in Texas to  protect property over a certain amount (I think ...
They  don't call us the Harvard of the rockies for nothing, but  maybe the ...
(Colorado  College)

_Baylor  Information Network - Top Ten_
(http://bin.baylor.edu/top_ten/index.php?id=84)      Harvard on the Brazos (McLennan Community  College) ...
Trademark/DMCA information. Terms of Service. Baylor  University Waco, Texas 76798
1-800-BAYLOR-U.
_UNM Men's Basketball: Minus Giddens, Lobos Triumph over TCU 74-58  ..._
(http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/feb/17/unm-mens-basketball-lobos-triumph-over-tcu
-74-58/?lobozone-story-detail=1/)      But what else should be expected from
"Harvard on the Rio Grande". ... But the worst set of fans  are not the
Aggies, but TEXAS TECH!  ...
_Belle Of The Brawl_
(http://belleofthebrawl.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_belleofthebrawl_archive.html)      ... up) and Hugo (rhymes with Yugo)  Chavez sure
wouldn't flush here in Texas. ... I was working  on my classical education at
Harvard on the Hudson (aka West  Point...
_Chancellor's prepared remarks for All-University Supper_
(http://www.news.ku.edu/2004/04N/MayNews/May21/supper.html)       It is not that Kansans do not
want to be known  for something, or for KU to be thought of as the 'Harvard on
the  Kaw.' In fact, as a long-time faculty member  ...
_California University of Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free  ..._ (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_University_of_Pennsylvania)      Students
lovingly refer to California University  as "Harvard on the Mon," referring to the
location of the main  campus on the banks of the Monongahela River  ...
_Jason's OSU Beavers Blog: August 2006_
(http://jasonprotheroblog.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html)      ... Eastern Washington University, or as  Herd
likes to call it, the "Harvard on the Palouse".  ... A - Ohio State, Notre
Dame, Texas, Auburn, West Virginia  ...
_globeandmail.com: History in the making_
(http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061030.URCMcGillpg18/BNStory/)
Yet how McGill keeps its Harvard-on-the-  St.-Lawrence stature is no minor
feat. As a public university, ...  WSJ.com: Texas Pacific, KKR Prepare TXU Bid
Lock  ...
_Ducati Monster Board - Alma Maters..._
(http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=31997.msg356328)
    aka Harvard on the Pike aka Monkey  College aka some others I can't seem
to recall... I'ma prof at UMd.  Montgomery College transfers are some of the
best  ...
_Montgomery Village singles - Montgomery Village dating  ..._
(http://uk.match.com/localsingles/maryland/montgomery-village/men.html)      I am a graduate
of Harvard on the  Pike (Montgomery College). As for work I'm Calvin
Klein/FONT  underwear model oh wait just kidding but it sounded good  ...

http://www.aol.com.