ADS-L Digest - 7 Mar 2007 to 8 Mar 2007 (#2007-68)

Landau, James James.Landau at NGC.COM
Fri Mar 9 14:09:56 UTC 2007

In replay to Joel Berson's question, "are you sure GWTW uses "nigra"?"

I read GWTW exactly once, during the 1962-63 school year, and it was
during a train trip through the South, which underlined just how
unrealistic the novel was.  I recall the spelling "nigra" because I did
not recall ever having seen it before, or since.  All I can tell you of
the edition I was reading is that it was a mass-market paperback.

    - Jim Landau